Hourly Job Description
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Department: Maintenance FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Reports To: Director of Engineering Date Approved: 04/18/18
Responsible for repairing and troubleshooting mechanical, pneumatic and electrical components of heavy duty
Presses. The planning and executing of responsibilities of repairs, determine predictive and preventive maintenance of presses and other machinery.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshooting and repair of Stamping presses and all associated secondary equipment
- Repairs to production equipment, plant equipment and facilities
- Interaction with outside technical support resources as required
- Installation and set-up of new equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Maintain inventory of spare parts for all equipment
- Continuous improvement of all equipment, systems and procedures throughout the facility
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Must have worked on large presses up to 2,750 tons; Ravne, Hamilton, Verson, Danley etc.
- Excellent attendance, able to work overtime and have good reliable transportation
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM LEVEL OF EDUCATIONAL & TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Must have High School Diploma/GED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving
- Must be flexible and able to work in a multicultural environment
- Must be able to work responsibly and effectively
- Read and interpret blueprint reading or drawings’ experience in stamping industry (prog/transfer)
- Must successfully pass MIOSHA Crane, MIOSHA Industrial Forklift and MIOSHA Aerial lift test and perform safety demonstration
- Bend, stoop, squat, twist, crouch, stand and walk intermittently throughout the work day
- Occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Perform fabrication and build activities
- Job duties may involve working in moderate heat during the summer
- Safety Glasses/Safety Goggles, and Hearing Protection are mandatory in the plant
- Hard hat and safety restraint harness is required when operating Crane or on aerial lift etc.
Job duties involve working with heavy machinery, moving parts and moderate noise levels